Deekit (“we”, “us”, or “our”) respect the privacy rights of users and recognise the importance of protecting and handling information collected about you in accordance with both the law and best practice.
By accepting this Policy, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
1. Responsible person
Deekit website and application is owned and operated by Deekit Ltd, 8 Warner Yard, London, EC1R 5EY, United Kingdom who is responsible for the processing of information collected.
2. How and what personal data we collect
In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to Your Data. For example, we need to be able to transmit, store and copy Your Data in order to display it to you and your teammates, to index it so you are able to search it, to make backups to prevent data loss, and so on. Your acceptance of our terms gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the service to you, only for the purpose of providing the service (and for no other purpose). This permission includes allowing us to use third-party service providers (such as Amazon Web Services and Heroku) in the operation and administration of the Service and the rights granted to us are extended to these third parties to the degree necessary in order for the Service to be provided. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA.
Information you provide to us. We collect the information (which may include personal data and/or sensitive data) you provide directly to us when you use the Site and when you register and use the Deekit Service. Examples include:
- We collect information when you register with Deekit for an account, modify your profile, access and use the Deekit Services (including but not limited to when you sketch, add notes, upload files, invite and collaborate), participate in any interactive features of the Deekit Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, employer’s name, job title, information about your preferences, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.
- We collect and store the Content that you create, input, submit, post, upload, store or display in the process of using the Deekit Services. Such Content includes any Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to include.
- If you are providing information (including personal data) about someone else you confirm that they have appointed you act for them and consent to the processing of their personal and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal data will be processed.
Information we collect automatically. When you access or use the Deekit Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage information – We monitor user activity in connection to the Deekit Services and may collect information about the applications and features that you use, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Deekit Services.
- Log information – We log information about you when you access and use the Deekit Services including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the Content that you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Deekit Site.
- Device information – If you access the Deekit Services from a mobile device, we may collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network), or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type).
Information we collect from other sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with the information we collect through the Deekit Services. For example:
- We may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service when you create or log into your account through the Service or otherwise provide us with access to information to the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by the social media service.
3. How we use your personal data
We may use the information (which may include personal data) for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain the Deekit Services;
- Enable you to access and use the Deekit Services including but not limited to collaborating, creating and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Provide and deliver the services and features that you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to the Deekit Services, and other illegal activities;
- Respond to your comments, questions, requests and provide customer service and support;
- Send you updates, security alerts, technical notices, support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you, where you have agreed or where the law permits, for marketing purposes, for example, to inform you about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, events and surveys and provide other news or information about Deekit. We will not share your personal data with anyone else for marketing purposes and/or send you promotional materials if you consent. For more information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from promotional materials please see the Your Choices section blow;
- Deekit reserves the right to use your name as a reference for marketing or promotional purposes on the Site and in other communication with existing or potential Deekit customers. For example, we might list your company on one of our webpages under lists of Deekit customers. We don’t want to list customers who don’t want to be listed, so you may send an email to email@example.com stating that you do not wish to be used as a reference.
- If any users send us any feedback or suggestions regarding the Service, you grant Deekit an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, free license to use any such feedback or suggestions for any purpose without any obligation to you.
- Personalise our Services; provide customised advertisements, content, and information; monitor and analyse the effectiveness of Services and third-party marketing activities to match your interests and preferences or otherwise customise your experience using Deekit Services;
- Link or combine with other information we have received from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to collaborate and share content with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Cookies are small text files that are installed on your computer from websites that you visit. The following types of cookies are used:
- Strictly necessary/essential cookies without which it is not possible to use the features of the website and provide the services.
- Performance cookies that collect information about how you use a website and are used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies that allow the website to remember choices you make (e.g. user name, language) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Behaviourally targeted advertising cookies that are used to deliver adverts most relevant to you and your interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations (e.g. advertisers).
5. Information sharing and disclosure
You use – When you use the Deekit Services, Content you provide will be displayed back to you. Certain features of the Deekit Services allow you to make some of your Content public, in which case it becomes readily accessible to anyone. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any data you make public.
Collaboration – As a natural result of using the Deekit Services, you may create Content and grant permission to other Deekit users to access it for the purpose of collaboration. Such collaboration features may display your profile information.
Corporate account – Content created under Corporate Account will be accessible to Deekit users under such Corporate Account. You should be aware that the administrator of your Deekit Corporate Account may be able to:
- Access information in relevant Deekit Corporate Account;
- Disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that is made available to you when using your Deekit Corporate Account, including the Content; and
- Control how you can access relevant Deekit Corporate Account.
Deekit community – Our Site offer publicly accessible community services such as blogs and forums. You should be aware that any Content you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts in Community may remain even after you cancel your account.
Service providers, business partners and others – We work with third party service providers to provide Site, application development, hosting, maintenance, back-up, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other service for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Information as part of providing those services for us. We remain responsible for your personal data and take all necessary measures to protect your personal data as provided in this Policy.
Compliance with laws and law enforcement requests, protection of our rights – We may disclose your Information (including Personal Information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Deekit Services, (d) to protect Deekit, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury to any person.
Business transfers – We may share or transfer your information (including your personal information) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Aggregated or anonymised data – We may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not directly identify you with the third parties described above.
With your consent – We will share your personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
Information we do not share – We do not share Personal Information about you with third parties for their marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission.
6. Where we store your information
Deekit hosts data with host providers in numerous countries including the United States. By accessing or using the Deekit Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
7. How long we store your personal data
We only store your personal data as long as necessary for the purposes of the personal data collected and as long as required by law.
8. How we protect your personal data
Deekit hosts data with hosting service providers in numerous countries, including the United States. The servers on which Personal Information is stored are kept in controlled environment and handled by Amazon and Heroku. For more information about relevant security policies, please visit Amazon Web Services Security (“AWS”) page at https://aws.amazon.com/security/ and Heroku Security page at https://www.heroku.com/policy/security.
While we take reasonable efforts to guard your Personal Information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. Where data is transferred over the Internet as part of the Deekit Service, the data is encrypted using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”). In addition, content that you create while using the Deekit Service is encrypted when stored to our hosting provider.
Deekit does not store credit card or other payment information, your user name and password as access to Deekit Services is done using oAuth via services such as Google, Facebook and Microsoft. Any access that we may have to such information from a third party authentication service is in accordance with the authorization procedures and security policies determined by that service. You must keep your password on service provider side confidential and not disclose it to any other person in order to avoid risk breach of confidentiality of personal information. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
9. Your rights and choices
To the extent required by law, you have the right to:
- Right to receive information about personal data we process;
- Right to rectify, erase or block personal data that is incomplete, inaccurate or unlawful;
- Turn to the Data Protection Inspectorate or other relevant authority to safeguards your rights;
- You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Deekit by using unsubscribe link within each email or emailing us to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding Deekit Services.
The actions can either be done automatically by you by changing the respective settings or by contacting us.
10. Changes to this policy
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests related to this Policy or the processing of your personal data, you can contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: 2016-11-17