Do you use a priority matrix to organise your tasks? Our Impact and Effort analysis template is useful when it comes to assessing what you have done, and working out what you want to do next.
It is essential that you regularly take time out to re-evaluate your focus. What was relevant last month might not be useful to your mission or business this month. Quite often business challenges evolve and your strategy and focus should too!
For that reason, we would suggest you check out our handy priority matrix focused template. It’s so easy to use and doesn’t take long either…
How do you use it?
Rank each of your ideas on both of the following scales:
- Impact – How strong of a positive impact will this action have on your mission/business? The more positive, the higher it should be placed on your map.
- Effort – How much effort will this action require? The more effort the further right on the map it should be.
How to interpret the results
- Green quadrant – The number priorities are here. This is where your focus should be.
- Yellow quadrant – These are longer term projects that are worth putting on your roadmap. You should not be focusing on this straight away though.
- Orange quadrant – These projects are not a priority. Do not waste time on these.
- Red quadrant – These are costly projects that will not benefit your mission or your business. We would suggest you avoid them at all costs.
So what are you waiting for? Are you ready to get more productive with your prioritisation? There is no time like the present to evaluate your to-do list and work out what is really impacting your business.
If you are ready to jump in, click the yellow button and get started.